In general homeschooling is better for children due to the attention the children get and the focused curriculum. However there are a number of reason why people wouldn’t homeschool, here are some of the reasons that I have gathered.
- Financial, you have to have two people working to pay for expenses.
- Military, a lot of military people homeschool their kids because they want to keep their kids education steady and not interrupt it every 2-4 years.
- Some parents are not up to it, they can parent or teach not both. Sending your kids to school gives one time to do stuff around the house and pay more attention them when they come home.
- Socialization, people don’t their children to grow up unable to interact with other humans.
- Maybe some parents can’t be around their kids all day.
- Some kids may not be that into homeschooling same with parents.
- Single mom, I think this one is pretty self explanatory.
- This list could go on and on…..
Regardless of what you do as a parent, the reality is that the best way to educate your child is to be involved with them.
Home school stats: hslda.com